March 6, 2012

Chocolate Dipped Marshmallow Treats


You all know I love making fun treats for kids as demonstrated by my cookbook for kids and my other site.

My 7 year old daughter and I whipped up 200 of these fun marshmallow treats for her schools Father/Daughter Dance a week ago. My daughter has helped with these before and is getting quite good at making them.

I was co-chairing the event and one of the fun additions for this year was a candy bar and boy was it a hit!


I could only take a couple of quick photos seeing as I was SO busy, but you get the idea. I had scattered a bit of tulle around and places a bunch of 2 foot long pink glow sticks to light it up a bit. I did the best I could with the limited budget I had and the girls just loved it!


We had over 150 girls and between the dancing (the DJ was awesome) the photo area, the snacks, the candy bar and the favors it was a hit!

I have to share that while running the candy bar with one of the mom-volunteers (a job that was CRAZY busy) one child asked me about 1 1/2 hours into the dance where she could get a big pink glow stick from...I said "Oh sweetie those are for decor" and as I looked down ant the table mid-sentence...and guess what there was not a glow stick to be found!! Those little stinkers had been pilfering them all along...we were so busy scooping and filling the little purses we never even saw it happening...hilarious!!!

I my crazy mind, I always like to make some sort of treat...no matter what the event...that kids will just get a little thrill from! Not just a square brownie if you know what I mean. I mean they will of course enjoy that brownie but why not give them a little extra thrill (while we still can...wink)! Last year I donated some treats to the dance and I put them in flower pots...you can see them here.

All you need for these treats are marshmallows, lollipop sticks, Wilton chocolate melting disks, candy/sprinkles for decorations and a bit of imagination and your are set!

Just melt the chocolate in small batches in your microwave and dip and decorate away!

2 bags of Wilton melting disks will do about 175 marshmallows if you are just dipping the tops.

**These can be found at your craft store...and trust me...stick with the Wilton brand.

Oh and talk about genius!! I have been dipping marshmallows and more since I had my kids and it took Pinterest to show me an easier, more effective way to make these in mass! Thank you Quinn's Baking Diary for the awesome idea for using an inverted colander for drying!!



Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment