January 11, 2012

5 Ingredient Hot Vidalia Onion Dip



One of the appetizers I have been making a lot lately is this incredible, easy, and oh so addictive Hot Onion Dip.

Sometimes the simpler the dish and the fewer ingredients it takes to make it yields incredible flavors!

This is GOOD! Like "get outta my way....move my seat next to the dish....forget about the other apps kinda good"!

Now I have a problem - my husband who was too busy eating all the other offerings around all the other times I made this was immune to its power - however NOW that I made it just to toke a photo of it to share with you all - the jig is up....he went crazy for this. I need to think of a good strategy for the next time I make this if he is around...so I can get my fair share! Lol

The trick is to keep it cooking - you want the top nice and brown - of course all the other times I made this it was really brown on top however this time, I was out of time in order to get a picture, so I pulled it out a little early. I had to get the kids to CCD on time - lol! See the brown patches below you want more of those - over about 75% of the dish.


This comes from the White on Rice Couple - who I have to say make the most AMAZING videos - they know how to touch your heart and they have a gift for pairing the perfect music to each video they do!

Hot Sweet Onion Dip
-White on Rice Couple

1 8oz package of cream cheese, softened (as a gal from Philly, I adore the one and only Philly Cream Cheese)
1 cup mayo
1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
1 cup of diced Vidalia onion
1 tsp pepper

Serve with slices of crusty bread or some Stoned Wheat Crackers

Combine all the above (make sure your cream cheese is soft and mixes well).
Scrape into a baking dish. Let the flavors mingle while you heat the oven to 350 degrees. Bake for about 45 minutes or until the top is nice and brown - the browner it gets the more flavorful it will be. OH and invite me over!!!! Yum!!!

Enjoy!!

11 comments:

  1. This looks amazing! I need to invite some people over for apps...stat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would give my right arm for a big helping of this right now. Ok, maybe not really my arm...but this sounds like a winner.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonder if I could substitute sour cream of greek yogurt for the mayo? Any suggestions?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Karen, I would say sure for the sour cream...the Greek yogurt I don't know about...I have attempted to use that in a hot dish yet. If you do try it and it does work well, let me know :) Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there! Just wanted to let you know that your recipe was featured on this week's What's Cooking Wednesday! Hope you get a chance to link up again this week. Thanks so much, it looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi there. The current Food on Friday is all about onions! So it would be great if you linked this in. This is the link . Wishing you very happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks very nice blog!

    Here is my blog post visit this site

    ReplyDelete
  8. My mouth is absolutely watering...drool is dripping off my chin :) I will def be making this for the 4th. Also, what a wonderful way to make sure that no onions go to waste!! THANKS!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Do you have a "Print" option on your recipe posts? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I shared this recipe on my FB page.
    http://soufflebombay.blogspot.com/2012/01/5-ingredient-hot-vidalia-onion-dip.html#.UdbD4KyOkYY
    https://www.facebook.com/cindy.brickley.98/posts/332140773584802

    ReplyDelete