July 6, 2011

Frozen Chambord Margaritas



How has your Summer been so far?
I have to say, my family and I are having a blast!

To me, Summer is about the simple things, good friends, family, good food, good drinks and all of the fantastic BBQ's and summer parties we find ourselves either hosting or going to.

I mean, what's better than sitting out under the stars, satisfied from a great meal, cocktail in hand, talking and laughing the night away? (Especially when the kids are all out of the pool and snuggled down with a movie, nodding off one by one...lol) Adult time!

At the start of the summer I was out for a couple of drinks at a Mexican place with some friends when I asked the bartender to pick out a drink for me...she handed me a Frozen Chambord Margarita and I was in Heaven! She said it was not on the menu, but she often made one for herself...she is one smart woman! I have had many Margarita's but CHAMBORD??? Booyah!

I knew I had to have these babies in my life...and you know what, they are the drink of the Summer for me! They are cool and refreshing, and just so delicious...betcha can't have just one!

I tinkered around with what to do, then made a HUGE batch, poured it into mason jars and loaded up my freezer...I am set for awhile anyway! The beautiful thing is...if folks drop by unexpected, or if you are just in the mood for an evening under the stars with your sweetie...they are there....just waiting for you!

For big parties...you have it all done...just grab a few out of the freezer, pass them around and plop a half a straw in them....no fuss, no mess :)

I am a big fan of freezing drinks to have them ready at a moments notice...think strawberry daiquiri's, Margarita's, Sangria, vodka slushies and lemonade for the kids - they are there ready for your company with no effort at all!

Frozen Chambord Margarita's

32 ounces water
1-12 oz can frozen lime concentrate (like limeade)*
1 1/2 TBS lime juice
12 ounces good Tequila
6 ounces Triple Sec
6-8 ounces Chambord

In a large pot or bowl, mix all ingredients, whisk together until completely combined. Give it a taste and adjust to your liking.
This will make enough to fill about 12 - 6 oz Mason jars. Fill just shy of the top, place the lid on and store in your freezer until ready to serve. Give it a stir with spoon, add a half a straw and enjoy! You need 5 ours or more to allow these to set and become slushy...after that they can stay in your freezer until you need them (or invite me over!)

*Often I make simple syrup in place of the concentrate and add in 2 TBS additional of lime juice. 1 cup water to 1 cup of sugar is the rule of thumb.  Bring it just to a boil, until all sugar dissolves.  Cool and use in place of concentrate. For the above recipe, I use 1 1/4 cup sugar and 1 1/4 cup water.  You can make this ahead and store in a tightly sealed container in your fridge for a few weeks.  If any parts crystallize, just rewarm.

Cheers!

10 comments:

  1. OH MY!!!!! I coulda used a couple three of those Monday!! Off to purchase some of that tasty chambord............already have the Mason jars ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This might be the most dangerous thing I've read in a while. Boozy slurpee in a canning jar!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks delicious! I'm a wee bit confused on the math- the recipe is ~72 oz - how does that fill 24 8oz mason jars? Whatever the amount, I'm looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Katie...maybe, just maybe I was enjoying a few of these when I was typing lol! I in fact use 6 oz mason jars and this will fill 12 -(for the photo I had made a double batch)!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just saw Threemanycooks' tweet about these tonight and had to track them down. Can't wait to mix a batch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those look AMAZING. I'm going to have to make space for these in my freezer!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've made Chambord margaritas but have never stuck them in the freezer. Why the heck not; great, great idea. Better even than margarita popsicles (which are hard to get firm if you want enough booze in them!). Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These were amazing. I have to make a batch of these and stash them in my freezer. You are a genius! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. i am on my way to the store to pick up chambord. these look so yummy! i can't wait to try.

    ReplyDelete