December 12, 2010

Gift Giving Vanilla Syrup 2.0


Recently I shared with you my vanilla syrup recipe...the way I have always made it.

Looking to lower the cost of making a few dozen bottles, I altered the recipe from using a vanilla bean for each batch to using pure vanilla extract instead and OMGoodness was it good! Now if only I can figure out how to make these into lollipops...I would be a happy, happy gal!

Vanilla Syrup 2.0
1 TBS pure vanilla extract (Madagascar is nice)
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup water


Combine water, sugar and vanilla in a saucepan, stir well. Bring to a boil.
Boil for 4-5 minutes. Cool, cover and pour into a decorative bottle.

Slap a label or some ribbon on the bottle or mason jar and you are good to go.

Include a recipe card with it and suggest mixing the syrup into club soda for a cream soda...into coffee for a wonderful flavor, over pancakes, waffles or over ice cream as a treat!

This will keep 3 weeks in your fridge. Rewarm later for use.

Happy Holidays!!

Colleen

7 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, YUM! It looks too beautiful to eat--like a bottle of perfume!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful gift idea. And I love the ideas of cream soda, etc. So creative!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks amazing and great gift idea. You can sometimes buy vanilla bean in places like TJMax or Marshalls for a lot less. I think I want it in my coffee ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks so amazing. I am going to try this for myself. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very simple recipe. Im going to make this and give it to my grandma as a present...But I can't find any of those fancy glass

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks wonderful! *pinned* I am almost ready to use my very first batch of homemade vanilla extract--this is perfect!

    ReplyDelete