January 31, 2010

Valentine's Day Buttons


Just around the corner is Valentines Day. Funny how I never paid much attention to the day until I had kids...now I can't escape it. Anything to put a sparkle in their eyes...right!!
I have never been into the whole buy me a card, present or dinner because someone told you too (right honey??). But I do love to have treat and craft fun with the kids. So over the next couple of days, I will share some of what we are planning for Valentines Day.

Valentines Day Buttons

Such an easy treat for the kids to make for their class and the kids just can't get enough of them!

Throw some in a $1.00 white or VDay crock from a craft store, wrap it up in a treat bag with a pretty ribbon and you have a cute parent, grandparent, bus driver or teacher treat as well.

Snap pretzels
Pink and white melting disks from the craft store
Valentine M&M's or candy dots

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Place pretzels right side up on a baking sheet, place a chocolate disk on each and carefully place in the oven for 2 minutes. Just long enough for the chocolate to begin to melt. Pull the tray out of the oven and quickly press one M&M onto the center of each chocolate disk. Put the tray in your garage or fridge to set.
Once set, keep in an airtight container until ready to eat or gift.

Enjoy!!

Colleen

17 comments:

  1. those are so cute! I know my boys would love making these to give to their teachers! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these! I can't wait to make them. I guess I have to go find some V-Day cellophane bags so I can give them as gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how creative those buttons are! Quick, easy, and made with love. Perfect sweet gift!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are fun and I bet the kids loved them. Heck, I'd love them too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok just started following your blog. I love this simple, cute idea .... and I am going to try those crepes below too. Thanks for the great ideas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is wonderful! Easy and fun to make with the kids, too! :-)

    I shared this on the Creative Moms Blog Hop on my blog. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Colleen these look wonderful! Great idea. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. wonderful idea! I must look for melting disk. but, I don't know it can find in bangkok...
    (^v^)

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are too cute, my girls would love these. Great idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am soooo going to make these! Thanks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm offering nothing new, but oh well: These are adorable and look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are gorgeous! We have made them before for christmas, using hershey kisses (or hugs are great too, with their striped pattern) and christmas colored M&Ms. But the candy melts are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  13. cute! but I can't figure out why in the world you would put them in the garage?? lol

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are so cute! Think I'll make these.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I LOVE these! They are absolutely adorable and just waiting to be shared. I think they would be the perfect little 'Thank You' treat for some of the people I work with. I love your site and can't wait to discover more wonderful recipes! Thank you, Colleen!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks so much for the idea! I can't wait to make these with my kiddos. I featured it on my blog: http://www.organizinghomelife.com/archives/1998

    ReplyDelete